Digital marketing has definitely changed the way we do business! There are many changes businesses, even small and medium enterprises (or SMEs), need to face in this brave new world of digital marketing. As a result, SMEs need to really be up-to-date with the current standards of digital marketing, basically what is expected of a business within the digital marketing landscape.
Businesses need to understand how technology is integral to their daily operations and how they utilise technology in selling and marketing their products and services.
Here are the current digital marketing standards SMEs need to be concerned with:
- Website design and development
- Search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimisation (SEO)
- SMS and E-mail Marketing
- Consumer Reviews (Think online retail and Hellopeter)
- Social media platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Role of Digital Marketing in promoting SMEs
Here are a few beneficial ways in which SMEs can maximise their reach, through Digital Marketing:
- Promotes SMEs and helps them compete with well-established brands.
- Helps increase sales volumes by opening up new marketing channels via digital marketing platforms.
- It’s more cost-effective than traditional forms of advertising and doesn’t cost too much to set-up and implement
- Targeting the reach can be wide and far-reaching with digital marketing channels, and at the same time you can be as specific as you want to be with your targeting. That’s the beauty of digital marketing!
- You can easily test return-on-investment as nearly all digital channels provide you with statistical report. So, this makes measuring performance and the investment quite simple.
- You can connect with experts, such as digital marketing agencies, who are up-to-date with the latest digital marketing trends and technologies. They’re a valuable resource.
- Your marketing campaigns are not fixed! Rather they’re adaptable and flexible. You can change targeting and your goals as your digital marketing goals change.
If you’re in search of digital marketing experts in South Africa, we strongly suggest contacting MO Agency.